Accessibility Statement for Everyday Healthcare
At Everyday Healthcare, we are committed to making our website, everydayhc.com, accessible to everyone, regardless of their abilities or disabilities. We strive to ensure that our website is user-friendly, and that all users have equal access to the information and services that we provide.
- We use alt tags for all images on our website, providing alternative text for those who use screen readers or have images disabled.
- We use high-contrast colors and clear typography to improve readability for users with visual impairments.
- We ensure that our website is keyboard-friendly and can be navigated without a mouse, to accommodate users who have difficulty using a mouse.
- We provide closed captions for all of our videos, to ensure that our content is accessible to users who are deaf or hard of hearing.
- We strive to ensure that all of our content is easy to understand and written in plain language, to make it accessible to users with cognitive disabilities.
- We conduct regular accessibility testing to identify and resolve any barriers to accessibility on our website.
Assistive Technology We support the use of assistive technologies to help users with disabilities to access our website. Our website is compatible with various assistive technologies, such as screen readers, text-to-speech software, and keyboard navigation.
We welcome feedback from our users on how we can improve the accessibility of our website. If you encounter any accessibility barriers on our website, please contact us at email@example.com, and we will do our best to address the issue promptly.
We are committed to ongoing improvement of the accessibility of our website. We will continue to work towards meeting the accessibility standards set by the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 Level AA. We will regularly review and update our accessibility statement to ensure that it accurately reflects our commitment to accessibility.